Thursday, February 18, 2010

It All Begins Somewhere

Photobucket




I’ve always been a Daddy’s Girl… I was 6 years old when I begged my Dad for an Easy-Bake Oven for Christmas. I didn’t get an Easy-Bake Oven that year… In fact, I never received one. Instead, I received a set of mixing bowls and measuring cups. I didn’t know it at the time, but this was the best gift I could have ever received.

Looking back, I’m grateful that I never got that Easy-Bake oven. In its place, I learned how to cook, for REAL.

I’ve discovered that there are few things more soothing than the sweet scent of cookies in the afternoon. With a crazy schedule, it’s truly a gift to make a meal from scratch. The process of cooking is soothing and satisfying on so many levels. Not to mention the enthusiastic reactions of friends and family after they have tasted something fresh from the oven are heartwarming

This blog is dedicated to all things food that I love. I’ll share recipes worth trying, foods to try, and restaurants worth checking out.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment