Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alden's Ice Cream and Bosco Chocolate Syrup

Now that spring is in the air, it's time for ice cream again. My weakness, even as a little girl, has always been a scoop of ice cream. Forget the ice cream cone. Give me a bowl and a spoon and I'm a happy camper.


My favorite Ice Cream of all time is Alden's Organic Ice Cream. Now I know you true Texans are crazy for your Blue Bell, but it just doesn't compare. Alden's is by far the best, hands down. End of Story. I've found Alden's available at two stores here in Austin. Sprout's Farmers Market and Whole Foods Market. I'm lucky that both of these market's are just minutes from my home, but it's definitely worth the trip.

And Yes! I'm even particular about my chocolate syrup. Nothing beats the rich chocolate goodness of Bosco Chocolate Syrup. I've only found this one at Whole Foods Market but it definitely beats that plain ol' Hershey's syrup that we grew up on.

Top it off with some whipped cream and it's the perfect spring and summertime treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment